Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Update Update Update

I am going up to Utah for Thanksgiving. I will be leaving a week from tomorrow and I won't be back until December 1st. The night of Thanksgiving I will be traveling from Kaysville to Elko to spend the rest of the holiday with my mother's side of the family. I've never been able to spend a holiday with everyone in my family before, so I'm pretty excited. :-) 

I've been working on getting everyone's Christmas presents together. I'm still not sure what to get for everyone... 

I've also been combing sales racks for cute clothes. Around the holidays, it's good to keep a tight wallet, especially since being laid off of the gondola job. I have still managed to find a cute shirt and another pair of jeans. My old pairs are slowly dying. :-( How sad... and they were the good kind too. Maybe I should save some of my clothing money and go to DownEast once I get up to Utah. I'd have to find a ride to get there... but they have pairs of jeans for way cheap, and cute shirts too... Oh the possibilities. 

I can't wait to spend time with my family up in Utah. I just love playing with Tanner and Brennen, and I think this time, I'll actually get to spend some more time with Lanette. I'm really excited to be able to hang out with her. I get to ride up to Utah with my dad. I can't tell you how happy I am that I don't have to fly. I'm even MORE happy to see my dad. I wish we could have spent more time together in the past, but in spite of that, we have an awesome relationship. I can talk to him about absolutely anything, and he's there for me whenever I need him. I wish everyone could be so lucky as to have a dad like mine. 

Being a teen, you have tons of friends and your family kind of takes the backseat, but I am definitely starting to grow out of that. I think I could solve all of my problems by just being constantly surrounded by my family members. They all live in such different places, some in Washington, some in Idaho, some in Utah, some in Nevada, and I'm sure more are scattered across the U.S.. I'm just starting to see that your family will always be there, that family always loves you. My primary goals right now are to spend as much time with my family as I possibly can, and to get college DONE! lol. 

I know it bothers people that stores start with the Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving, but I secretly love it. Why not spread the holiday cheer so it lasts just a little bit longer? I love Christmas. The years seem to fly by faster the older you get. I think if things continue on the course they are, that by the time I'm 40, I'll blink, and a year will have passed. 

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love the holiday spirit too! I just wish Thanksgiving wasn't smothered by Christmas. Although.. I do LOVE Christmas.

NatalieD said...

We hope you have a GREAT Thanksgiving!!! You're always welcome in our home should you ever decide to visit US (hint, hint)!