Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bloom Where You're Planted

Do you ever reach a point in your life where you are discontented with how things are? You become complacent and accept things that you know should change, conditioning your future responses to past situations. That is what I have done. I have let past failures seep into my life and they have affected my current situations. I am so grateful for late night talks with people who care and for those little moments when you can take a step out of the monotony to make something better for yourself.

I am moving to Idaho in a month, but I am not going to wait that long to change the things I want to.

True:
Sometimes you need to bloom where you're planted.

Unfortunately, I haven't really taken advantage of that in certain ways. Instead of working towards bettering myself, I have focused on imperfections. Instead of going for what I want, I have allowed my fears to chain me. Instead of loving unconditionally, I have only loved others who love unconditionally. Instead of trusting in the Lord, I have relied on a rotting and rusted framework of worldly supports.

No one is perfect, and chances are, I'll fall back into some ruts and have to dig myself out again someday, but isn't that what life's about; defining moments where you make changes to better yourself? I have to say I feel the most alive when I realize I need to make a change. It feels good... like shedding old skin or hole-filled leaves and faded petals so you can open your new eyes to the sun.

Bloom where you're planted;
best advice I've received to date.





2 comments:

Rachelle said...

:) agree

Anggastika said...

Cari Agen Bola Terpercaya atau Cari Agen Sabung Ayam Terpercaya??
Ada Nihh
agen sbobet

agensv388

Hubungi kami Sekarang Juga :
WA: +6287785425244
LINE: WINNING303